The personal thoughts and comments of Gene, "The Aggie."

Use any information found here at your own risk. I am not responsible for the consequences of your use, misuse or abuse, of this information. I do not advocate or condone violence except for lawful protection of life, liberty and, in very limited cases, property. Nothing included in this site is to be taken as legal advice.


NOTE:
"The Aggie" neither controls or
endorses the sites that Google displays in this ad bar.

'Gun-Free Zones' are only gun-free, until somebody brings a gun. - Unknown

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"The Four Rules"

H/T: XavierBreath

I grew up learning these rules, or laws, of gun safety. It's just that nobody told me they were this simple. :>) However, I did learn them. In about 50 years of shooting I've experienced one negligent discharge about 35 years ago. Period. Guess which of the four I violated! Hint: Your first two guesses don't count.

I think Dad did a good job of teaching me.

I present to you, Col. Jeff Coooper's Four Rules:

The Four Rules

1. All firearms are always loaded
2. Never let the muzzle of a firearm point at anything you are not willing to destroy
3. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot
4. Be sure of your target and what is behind it

SUMMARY:
Make these rules a part of your character. Never compromise them. Improper gunhandling results from ignorance and improper role modeling, such as handling your gun like your favorite actor does. Education can cure this. You can make a difference by following these gunhandling rules and insisting that those around you do the same. Set the example. Who knows what tragedies you, or someone you influence, may prevent?

'Nuff Said!

Be Safe & God Bless Ya'll !

No comments:

Popular Posts