The personal thoughts and comments of Gene, "The Aggie."

Use any information found here at your own risk. I am not responsible for the consequences of your use, misuse or abuse, of this information. I do not advocate or condone violence except for lawful protection of life, liberty and, in very limited cases, property. Nothing included in this site is to be taken as legal advice.


NOTE:
"The Aggie" neither controls or
endorses the sites that Google displays in this ad bar.

'Gun-Free Zones' are only gun-free, until somebody brings a gun. - Unknown

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

The Mississippi Squirrel Revival

H/T: Xavier Thoughts

Xavier has performed a great favor for this not-so-humble reader of his blog!

When I first heard this song, I was driving a company car from Houston to Houma (southern Louisiana) where the roads are narrow two-laners following the bayou from town to town. Keep in mind that bayou thing. It's important.

I had tuned around for a local station that played contemporary (early '80s) Christian or even classic country and settled on something on the AM band that was strong and not too noisy.

I found the station during the first third, or so, of this song and wasn't really aware of the artist, the title or even the genre of the station. However, I was aware of the twisting road and bayou and the remainder of my environment. In other words, when the artist got to the really good part of the song I was totally unprepared for its impact.

At the time, I had been a Christian about ten years or so and was part of the charismatic "movement" that had revitalized our Episcopalian congregation, Church of the Redeemer in Houston. I thought I knew all about the gifts, and manifestations, of the Holy Spirit but this song introduced me to an entirely new form of "worship."

The "holy" gift of laughter entered me with such power and force that I began having trouble steering the car between the white lines. Never mind the yellow line in the middle! Remember the bayou? If I missed the white line, the bayou was next!

Anyone behind me, fortunately there was no on-coming traffic, would have thought I had that crazed squirrel in my car running laps around my shorts!

Enjoy that vision, if you will, and definitely enjoy this song!

God Bless Ya'll !

III
Click Here for More Information


No comments:

Popular Posts