The personal thoughts and comments of Gene, "The Aggie."

Use any information found here at your own risk. I am not responsible for the consequences of your use, misuse or abuse, of this information. I do not advocate or condone violence except for lawful protection of life, liberty and, in very limited cases, property. Nothing included in this site is to be taken as legal advice.


NOTE:
"The Aggie" neither controls or
endorses the sites that Google displays in this ad bar.

'Gun-Free Zones' are only gun-free, until somebody brings a gun. - Unknown

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

TX - Shooting Fellowship

If you have been reading this blog for more than ten minutes, you'll realise that I'm jealous of Warren (see previous post). I wish had thought this up!

OTOH, *I*would do it "better"! Just kiddin', Warren! (It's much easier to "improve" an idea than to originate it!)

My idea is to start up an informal IDPA/IPSC-like group in the North Houston, Spring, Tomball area to do the following:

  1. Provide Christian fellowship around a practical skill-building hobby
  2. Introduce men and women (over the age of 21?) to the practical shooting skills not taught in the Texas Concealed Handgun License qualifying course. Persons younger than 21 may be considered on a csae-by-case basis.
  3. Use IDPA or IPSC rules to form the structure and safety rules for the group
  4. This would be held in the North Houston, Spring, Tomball, southern Montgomery County, Conroe area of SE Texas. There are at least two indoor ranges that I am aware of in this vicinity. (Indoor ranges help me to survive allergy season - 365 days/yr)

What do you local guys and gals think? Any interest? Or should I go back to sleep? ;>)

God Bless Ya'll !

III
Click Here for More Information

Updated 4/23/09 @ 0920 to include link to previous post

1 comment:

Brigid said...

I'm sorry I live so far away. That's a WONDERFUL idea.

Popular Posts