The personal thoughts and comments of Gene, "The Aggie."

Use any information found here at your own risk. I am not responsible for the consequences of your use, misuse or abuse, of this information. I do not advocate or condone violence except for lawful protection of life, liberty and, in very limited cases, property. Nothing included in this site is to be taken as legal advice.


NOTE:
"The Aggie" neither controls or
endorses the sites that Google displays in this ad bar.

'Gun-Free Zones' are only gun-free, until somebody brings a gun. - Unknown

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Would Christ Carry a Concealed Weapon?

H/T: Town Hall

Once in awhile, I hear someone say "Jesus wouldn't do THAT!", or whatever. If addressed to me, considering my big mouth, it's usually in reference to use of deadly force or carrying a concealed weapon or related subject.

About three years ago we were involved in a similar "discussion" amongst two long-time friends and leaders in our congregation and our pastor. When each of us learned that the other side would not, could not, "give" SWMBO! and I left that church.

Five people, four positions:

  1. "I'm afraid of guns!" I believed her from the git-go. It has never been her nature to be anything other than a straight-shooter.
  2. "Whatever she says."
  3. "I prefer to not have them around" and, drum roll please, . . .
  4. "I will carry wherever and whenever I may legally do so."

They're solid, strong Christian individuals who can not see the danger their beliefs place upon the congregation they led. May they walk in His Peace.

With that in mind, I found this Doug Giles article somewhere on the 'net about a year ago. I think it is still important.

Read it and let's discuss it.

When discussing what Christ would do in a given situation, it’s usually good to actually go to the gospels, read them and then draw conclusions. Here’s what I’ve gotten after scouring Scripture a few times:

1. Jesus in His earthly ministry didn’t carry a weapon except . . .

2. It’s clear from Scripture that Jesus didn’t need weapons because He had . . . .

~~~

I, too, believe that God supernaturally protects me, to some degree, because I should have been dead a long time ago. However, should my guardian angel be napping or busy doing something else other than trying to keep up with me, I’ll be okay, because Smith & Wesson art with me as well.

3. Lastly, in Luke 22:36-38 Christ told his disciples

~~~

Jesus told them—didn’t ask or mildly suggest—but told His buddies to . . .

Jesus didn’t tell them to carry a whistle, a shofar horn, or a bag of sand to blow in bad guys’ eyes, but a . . . .

~~~

Now, in a 21st century WWJD context, even though He didn’t personally carry a weapon, what do you think He thinks about His followers defending themselves with deadly force, huh, pacifists?"

(Link added - Gene)

"[W]what do you think He thinks about His followers defending themselves with deadly force, huh, pacifists?"

God Bless Ya'll !

III
Post OptionsClick Here for More Information

4/25/09 @ 0940 - Corrected Grammer

3 comments:

The Midland Agrarian said...

I somehow lost your blog a while back. REALLY glad to find it again.

God Bless and Keep You

Aggie said...

Thanks Midland. I changed the name of blog, & therefore the URL changed, a while back. I'm very glad you find useful. Please feel free to comment more often!

Aggie, Class of '70
An Anglican Firearms "Enthusiast" (ie: Gun Nut)
www.ananglicangn.blogspot.com/

The Midland Agrarian said...

I got you linked now. I will Keep in touch.

I Need to find you an Appleseed Shoot down your way. The program needs men like you.

Richard

Popular Posts