The personal thoughts and comments of Gene, "The Aggie."

Use any information found here at your own risk. I am not responsible for the consequences of your use, misuse or abuse, of this information. I do not advocate or condone violence except for lawful protection of life, liberty and, in very limited cases, property. Nothing included in this site is to be taken as legal advice.


NOTE:
"The Aggie" neither controls or
endorses the sites that Google displays in this ad bar.

'Gun-Free Zones' are only gun-free, until somebody brings a gun. - Unknown

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Voting As A "Civic Duty"? Maybe NOT!

H/T: American Thinker

AT's Selwyn Duke has another take on our "civic duty" that complements a previous post.

How much to YOU, and I, myself, know about our potential leader as they vie for our votes?

*MY* current excuse is we "just moved" to our new residence.  That that action occurred twelve months ago is irrelevant!  Right?!  ;>) 
They'll tell us that walking into a polling place and pulling a lever is our civic duty, but this isn't true. Our civic duty is to cultivate wisdom in ourselves and become conversant with the issues; the walking and pulling part is just a natural byproduct of that.  (Emphasis added - Gene)
For me, I have poor excuses.  There.  I admitted it.  OTOH, they are all I have.!    ;>) 

What I *DO* have is the ability to do a better job.  It's not yet too late to educate myself concerning not just our major candidates, but at least the secondary layer.

Let's do it together.

God Bless Ya'll !

No comments:

Popular Posts