The personal thoughts and comments of Gene, "The Aggie."

Use any information found here at your own risk. I am not responsible for the consequences of your use, misuse or abuse, of this information. I do not advocate or condone violence except for lawful protection of life, liberty and, in very limited cases, property. Nothing included in this site is to be taken as legal advice.


NOTE:
"The Aggie" neither controls or
endorses the sites that Google displays in this ad bar.

'Gun-Free Zones' are only gun-free, until somebody brings a gun. - Unknown

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Awareness



H/T: The Survivalist Blog


MD  Creekmoore posted an interesting article I think most of us can use.  How many times do we get by surprised because we aren't aware of our environment?


I well remember exiting my car in a dark parking lot, hurrying to a meeting.  Just as I prepared to close my car door, I heard a voice right next to me.  My first thought was:  It really is too late to draw my firearm and fire!  He's right on top of me!  I swung around and my hands came up as though to block a blow.

Gary, a friend and associate, greeted me in a most friendly manner.  


Two lessons learned that night:
  • *I* learned:  ALWAYS be aware of your environment!
  • GARY learned: DO NOT sneak up on someone who might be armed!
Fortunately, all ended well.  No blows were struck, much less landed.  No firearms, or blades, were presented.  And yes, words were exchanged!  hehe

God Bless Ya'll !

No comments:

Popular Posts